Sunday, April 25, 2010

6 days left





So my previous week in the office has been quite busy. There has been several calls and mail lately, plus we are trying to fill new office positions and finish up our semesters in the office. There were a few neat things I did get to do though: I got to walk with Congressman Conaway almost all the way to the House floor; I had the privilege of attending the Texas State Society Reception, where Robert Earl Keen performed; our Senior Legislative Assistant, Sarah, had her last day in the office Friday; and I FINALLY FINISHED MY ONLINE Lessons. All I have left is to turn them in. Other than Sarah leaving, our office has been the same, just with no coffee in the office.

This weekend, I have been trying to have full days. It is the last weekend I will spend here in D.C. Friday, I had a lunch date with Lauren Bean, a fellow Menard High School graduate. I enjoyed our lunch so much! It was fun catching up on everything and just chatting. After work, a few of us went to Matchbox Restaurant because it was Matt’s, a Tech intern, birthday.

Saturday was my boyfriend, Cullen’s, birthday. Though I was not there to celebrate with him, I had a cookie cake delivered to him. I hope he had a wonderful time with his family and friends. As for here in D.C., Lori and I spent the day out on the town. We went to a famous diner called “Ben’s Chili Bowl.” Several famous people go there: President Obama, Bill Cosby, Serena Williams, George Lopez, and several others. The place was small, loud, and crowded, but it was one of the best food experiences I have ever had. I think Lori would agree too! We even supported them by getting a diner t-shirt! After Ben’s, we walked up and down the streets of Chinatown, just shopping around. It is bittersweet to think that I only have one week of my internship left. Looking back, things have gone so fast.

Today was quite relaxing. After church, a few of us went down and adventured over to Eastern Market. There are food markets, as well as shopping booths up and down the street. The day was pretty, so we strolled up and down the streets all afternoon.

This evening we are under a tornado watch. I think we will just be watching movies tonight. Maybe go out again so we can watch the Spurs beat the Mavericks tonight.
I am also preparing tonight. This is my last week at work starting tomorrow. I am going to savor every moment. I am sorry if I don’t write a lot until then because I am finishing up office, internship, and schoolwork. But I will be sure to still fill ya’ll in!

Until next time,
madelon

No comments:

Post a Comment