Friday, April 16, 2010

My to-do list is coming to an end





Another week is almost gone; it went so fast! I can honestly say that I did not waste time this week- I have been going steady and strong!

Tuesday night, as I mentioned in my last blog, the CASNR group ate with Farm Bureau at Thunder Grill restaurant. It was a fun dinner. At the dinner, I met one of my Tech friend’s parents. They sat right across from me! I also visited with a family whose kids I stock showed with back in the day. It was great seeing and meeting them all. We got home from the dinner in time for Glee of course! I must admit that I am a fan of the show.

The office was very busy on Wednesday. People were everywhere, and Congressman Conaway was a very busy man. Luckily, there was a Taco Bell reception that afternoon. I think everyone in the Capitol was there. People brought lunchboxes, grocery bags, anything to carry more tacos. You could get as much as you wanted. A few Tech interns, Matt (Congressman Conaway’s other intern), and I all went together. We got as many tacos as our arms could carry to take back to the office. You are probably thinking DC is crazy for going wild about Taco Bell. What makes the reception so special is that there is no fast food around here. Rarely will you see a McDonalds or Subway. Having Taco Bell is kind of like a treat here – pretty funny, I know.

After work, Congressman Conaway gave a night tour for the Farm Bureau. I recruited Angie, Lori, and Matt (all Tech interns) to help with the tour as well. It was an amazing experience. We had never seen several places Congressman Conaway took us. I enjoyed hearing his stories too – it really made the tour special hearing about his personal experiences. I was able to get two pictuers from that night. Both are in the room all the Congressmen go into before going onto the House Floor.

I went to Dunkin Donuts Thursday morning with Scott, our Legislative Director. We both got to the office early and decided to surprise everyone with donut holes. It was a marvelous breakfast, and the whole office was excited about the surprise. The office was busy throughout the day. I had quite a schedule myself! Texas Tech had a photo shoot on the steps of the Capitol with Tech graduates. All of the Tech interns met up and joined with Congressman Randy Neugebauer, Congressman Mac Thornberry, and Congressman Carter. I cannot wait to see the pictures! I posted two of the pictures I was able to get from that day so far. Congressman Neugebauer took the big group picture of us and put it on Facebook.

I left work a little early so I could make it to my softball game with Congressman Brady’s office team- Brady’s Bombers. Our game was on the National Mall again, but this time it was only a block down from the Capitol. It was quite a view for a baseball game. We ended up barely loosing. It was still fun though! When Lori and I got home, our floor popped in The Time Traveler’s Wife, and then all went to bed, a little sad – lol.

Friday is now here! We are out of session today, and things are calm. Tech had a BBQ lunch for us at the NCBA. It was the first time I’ve had BBQ since I’ve been here! The rest of the day flew by, and we are still contemplating on what to do tonight.

This weekend is going to be really fun. On Saturday, a group of us are going on the White House Garden Tour. I was fortunate; my office gave me a ticket. I will be going with three other Tech interns that got a ticket. I also want to go to Mount Vernon, Arlington Cemetery, and hopefully a baseball game too! Let’s see if there is enough daylight to get everything done!

And I would like to wish my grandma and grandpa a happy 50th anniversary! They are having a little celebration with my whole family Saturday, and I know it will be a blast. Wish I was there to celebrate!

There is one more shout out. He might get mad for me sharing this, but HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY DAD! I love you! His birthday is on Monday.

Until next time,
madelon

No comments:

Post a Comment